- String up fun as A Fragile Tomorrow, a locally based cover band, appears Friday at El Rocko Lounge from 9 p.m. to midnight. The group will perform a live cover of the album Loveless (1991) by My Bloody Valentine. General admission is $5.
- Oktoberfest, a showcase of German food and beer, will be held Saturday at Service Brewing Company from noon to 4 p.m. An artist market of home accessories, beer and traditional bun-brats with kraut and homemade beer mustard round out the occasion.
- Feed your soul and stomach at a community wide potluck held in honor of artist Lizzy Taber's residency project, “Gradients: Exploring Rising Tides." The dinner is Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Sulfur Studios and is free, though guests are invited to bring a dish or drinks to share.
- Rock into the weekend as Athens-based band Perpetual Groove takes on a two-night stint of performances Friday and Saturday at Victory North Savannah. Both performances begin at 7 p.m., with admission ranging from $21 to $23.
- Stir up your taste buds for the Jekyll Island Shrimp and Grits Festival, happening all weekend in the Historic District of Jekyll Island. The festival provides food and fun for all, with the festivities taking place from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to4 p.m. Sunday.
- Eat up the atmosphere of the 2nd annual Hilton Head Island Shrimp Festival Friday and Saturday in Harbour Town. On Friday, the festival kicks off with Craft Beer Night from 5 to 8 p.m., where guests can sample selections from over 12 regional breweries. On Saturday, the festivities continue with Shrimp Festival from 2 to 5 p.m. where guests can choose dishes from nearly 20 local restaurants. Admission is $35 per event, with a two-day ticket available for $65. A portion of proceeds will go toward the Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head Island.
- Cruise on down to the inaugural Wheels at the Westin by Southeast Car Clubs on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4p.m. The event will showcase cars of all years and models. General admission is $10 per person, with proceeds benefitting the Savannah Harbor Foundation supporting local children’s charities.
- Get in rhythm as the Savannah Jazz Festival begins Sunday with a showcase of school jazz bands at the Lucas Theatre beginning at 2 p.m. The show will include performances of jazz bands from Georgia Southern University, Savannah Arts Academy, and Savannah Country Day School. The festival lasts all week with 27 free performances scheduled at venues around town.
- Raise a glass for the semifinals of The Bartenders' Challenge, part of the Savannah Food and Wine Festival. The two-day event showcases local bartenders creating craft cocktails for panel judges to enjoy. The event will take place at The Grove from 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday and 4 to 8 p.m. Monday. Admission is $10 per event.