- Catch the latest art by Marcus Kenney before his exhibition "Look! I'm Over There" closes at Laney Contemporary on Saturday. He likens his sculptures to poems, made of material objects that once signified something specific. Kenney will give a talk at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Take the whole family to the museum with the Jepson Center's Free Family Day, open to residents of Chatham County. Explore the current exhibits, play art detective and create your own masterpieces from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday; free.
- Laugh away the weekend at Savannah Comedy Fest. The fun begins at White Whale Craft Ales with a local improv and stand-up show from 8 to 10 p.m. Thursday; free. Then it heads over to Bull Street Labs for touring acts from 8 to 10:15 p.m. Friday and Saturday; $20 online, $25 at the door each night.
- Explore the future of art and tech at the PULSE Art + Technology Festival at the Telfair Museums' Jepson Center. Highlights include work by legendary video game designer Keita Takahashi, a showcase of locally-made video games and curator tours, through Sunday. Full schedule of events here; free for members and students, included with $20 museum admission.
- Drink up for Georgia Beer Day with special events at several local breweries. Service Brewing will have yoga, food trucks and music from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday. Coastal Empire Brewing is hosting an oyster roast from noon to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- Peek behind the scenes at the Savannah History Museum with Night at the Museum. Guests will go through night guard training, get a behind-the-scenes tour and meet historical figures like Flannery O'Connor and Casimir Pulaski. There will also be screenings of the movie "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian." The fun runs from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; $12.
- Celebrate Right Whales, Georgia's state marine mammal, at the Whale Week reception at Oatland Island. A yoga and mindfulness session will explore the whales' migration and Loop it Up Savannah will display Right Whale art made by local students, from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Try out some local restaurants with the help of two restaurant weeks currently underway: Eat It and Like It in Savannah and Tybee Island Restaurant Week.