Summer is officially here, and there's plenty to do this weekend in Savannah. Visit Savannah's Shannon Lowery has some tips.
- Summer is road trip season, and the Jepson Center is celebrating with the exhibit The Open Road: Photography and the American Road Trip. It traces the rise of road culture in America and explores trips from the 1900s through the present day. Through Sept. 3.
- If you'd rather spend summer on the water than the road, try the Savannah Yacht Hop at Savannah Yacht Club. Tour beautiful boats while you sip on rum punch and enjoy food from some of Savannah's premiere restaurants, starting 7 p.m. Friday; $50 without T-shirt, $75 with.
- The circus is coming to Tybee. Savannah's Stardust Pixxies will put on Stardusted Circus at the Tybee Post Theater, featuring firebreathers, aerial acrobatics, jugglers and more. It's all the fun of the circus without the animals at 7 p.m. Friday; $15 adults, $10 children.
- Ghost Coast Distillery has a day of boozy fun planned. First, brush up your mixology skills at a cocktail class, where you learn to mix delicious drinks using Ghost Coast products from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday; $40. Later on, it's a "Party for Paws" benefiting Coastal Pet Rescue. The event includes specialty cocktails and food from Chazitos from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- Relax and enjoy a beer when Brew-Asana comes to Coastal Empire Beer. A 60-minute Vinyasa Yoga class ends with a pint of beer from one of their 16 taps. The class begins at 11:30 a.m. Saturday; $15.
- Uncover your next great find at Two Women and a Warehouse's Secondhand Summer Sidewalk Sale, a monthly event featuring weekend-long and one-day deals, special sales and more from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
DOWNLOAD OUR APP For Savannah News Alerts And Features