Democrat Stacey Abrams has ended her campaign to be the governor of Georgia.
Flanked by supporters and staff at her campaign headquarters in Atlanta, Abrams said there was “no further viable remedy” to continue the fight for a runoff with Republican Brian Kemp. A glimpse at the teleprompter on the floor showed her speech was called “I Will Not Concede,” and Abrams, who would have been the country's first black female governor, said this was not meant to be a speech of concession....
Latest News From NPR
- Pardon Me, Turkey, Is This Stool Taken? Scientists Turn Poultry Poop Into Fuel
- North Korea Denuclearization Plan Has Gone Nowhere Since Trump-Kim Summit
- Trump Administration Faces 2 Legal Challenges For Asylum Restrictions
- Big Latino Turnout In Midterms Raises Stakes For 2020
- As Insurers Offer Discounts For Fitness Trackers, Wearers Should Step With Caution